Student IDs are issued under SKKU’s agreement with Woori Bank and can be used for student’s identity verification and library access/checkingout books, and as rechargeable transportation cards, Woori Bank check cards and also SKKU dining halls.
Student ID Card Application and Issuance
Students enrolled in SKKU or on a leave of absence are eligible for student ID cards.
However, students who have already completed undergraduate or graduate programs are not eligible.
Department office, Student Support Team on both campuses
Student ID Card Reissuance Service
Sign in to Smart Card System (http://scard.skku.edu), go to [Issue a Card] > [S Card Application/Registration] > [S Card Issuance Application] menu, fill out all requested information and apply for card issuance. You will be requested to print out the completed application forms (S Card Application Form, Uni Check Card Application Form)after the application process, and they must be submitted to Student Support Team.
- ※ S-CARD (Student ID Card) is equipped with a check card function, so you must submit S Card application and Uni Check Card application forms.
- ※ Please refer to the Smart Card System website for more details about S-CARD (Student ID Card) and any changes.
- - Students can apply for reissuance of student ID card regardless of their major, at the Student Support Team in either campus. SKKU’s database and financial institution’s database are not shared, so if you lose your student ID card, you must report separately to SKKU and Woori Bank.
SKKU (Humanities and Social Sciences Campus: 02-760-1077 / Natural Sciences Campus: 031-290-5034)
Woori Bank (Telebanking: 1588-5000 / Customer Service: 02-2008-5000)
- - After reporting a missing or lost card, the remaining balance in your student ID card will automatically be transferred to your own bank account within 5~10 days but the balance in your transportation card will be lost.
- - Replacement of student ID card due to malfunction is free of charge but replacements for lost or damaged cards due to negligence will cost 7,000 won. All replacement fees will be transferred to Woori Bank.
- - If a magnetic object is placed close to the student ID card or if too much force is applied and the card bends, the RF-ID chip in the ID card can be damaged.
Additional inquiries on student ID card : Student Support Team in both campuses
1F, 600th Anniversary Building, Humanities and Social Sciences Campus : 02-760-1077
1F, Student Union Building, Natural Sciences Campus : 031-290-5034
Student ID Card Service
Campus Card Recharge Service
- Place your student ID card on the unmanned case deposit machine installed on campus and enter the amount you wish to recharge (within 100,000KRW limit). The recharged deposit can be used on a separate card reader for payments in the university dining halls, snack bars, convenient stores, shuttles, fees for overdue books, etc.
- Unmanned Recharge Machine Locations
- - Humanities and Social Sciences Campus: B2 of Business Hall, B1 of 600th Anniversary Building
- - Natural Sciences Campus: 1F of Student Union Building, 1F of Samsung Library, 1F of Engineering Building 1, 1F of Chemistry Building, 1F of Welfare Hall
Library Access and Use
Student ID cards can be used to access libraries, Seat Availability Checking System, for checking out and returning items, etc.
Woori Bank Check Card Service
If a student ID card is linked with an Woori Bank account, it can be used as an ordinary bank card for cash deposit/withdrawal in ATMs, transactions with other banks and for various other banking services.
Rechargeable Transportation Card Service
- - Student ID cards can be used as an ordinary transportation card. You can recharge the card at the transportation recharging stations and use it for buses and subways in Seoul. If you store another transportation card with the student ID card, an error can occur so using a single card is recommended. However, the cash recharged for transportation fees cannot be used for the university shuttles. The university shuttle fees can be paid with the cash deposited for payments in the university.
- - When applying for a card replacement, if you’d like a refund of the recharged balance on your transportation card, you must submit your student ID card and it can take up to 2 months before the refund is paid after a verification process with the bus union.
- - If a student ID card is lost, since it is impossible to know the balance data recorded in the transportation chip, the balance on transportation card will not be refunded.