What is Korean Studies?
- - Purpose : Nurturing Korean experts with comprehensive knowledge of Korean language, culture and history
- - Target : Foreign students at SKKU
- - Degree : Dual degree with student’s own major
A dual degree program involves completing two or more degrees and receiving two or more degrees at the same time. This will give students freedom to choose more study areas. Dual degree programs make it possible for students to study their second and third majors during undergraduate studies at SKKU.
* Website of Korean Language Program: http://koreansli.skku.edu
- - Introduction to Korean Studies
- - Korean Orthography
- - Reading & Writing in Korean for Academic Purposes
- - Understanding of Communication
- - Korean Society and Communication
- Korean Culture Heritage
- Korean Art and Contemporary Popular Culture
- Korean Society and Family Relationships
- Korean Society and Confucianism
- Modern Korean History and Culture
- Introduction to Korean Cinemas
- Korean History and Culture
- Nature and Geography of Korea
- International Relations in East Asia
- Understanding of East Asia Economy
- Korea-China Trade Environment
Why Should I Take Korean Studies?
- - Most Korean companies are looking for foreign students who have expertise in knowledge and knowhow of Korean society.
- - Each semester, many foreign students' grades don't satisfy scholarship criteria which is 2.5 and up. Under a relative evaluation system, competing against fellow foreign students is much easier than against Korean students.
How Can I Apply for Korean Studies?
Registering Korean Studies
- - The end of every semester until the fall semester of the third year
- - Will be announced to foreign students
- - GLS〔Application/Status Management〕
- Courses taken before applying?
- - After applying for a dual degree, those courses will be automatically approved
- - 目的：培养对韩国语和韩国文化以及韩国历史具有较深的理解和知识的专家
- - 对象：成均馆大学外国留学生
- - Degree : Dual degree with student's own major
韩国的文化遗产、韩国艺术和大众文化、韩国社会和家庭关系、韩国社会和儒学, 现代韩国历史和文化, 韩国影视介绍
- - 申请时间：第三个学期结束后假期(1月/7月)中辅修专业申请期内申请。
- - 申请方法：[校务服务(GLS)–申请/资格管理]-申请