Institutional Research & Innovation Center
The Institutional Research & Innovation Center is an agency that is affiliated with SKKU's president created to act preemptively to the changes technology such as AI, big data, and cloud computing. The center will strives for continual improvement of SKKU's capacity to lead higher education in the future as a “Global Leading University”.
The Institutional Research & Innovation Center acts as a core innovative platform to contribute to "Student Success" and the creation of "Future Value" via integrated management of institutional data, discovery of strategic insights from big data, and the cultivation of scientific/creative talents with data analysis capabilities.
The main activities of the center include establishing and coordinating data governance in the university, supporting data informed decision-making, managing of Business Intelligence (BI), developing AI based advanced service contents, training experts in data analysis and six Sigma belts, operating various business innovation programs, and performing external educational consulting.
Major Responsibilities and Functions
- Establishment and operation of data management system
- Establishment of data management policies
- Establishment of data management platform
- Protection of personal information in the process of data analysis
- The discovery and development of new source of data
- The planning and implementation of data analysis
- Operation of BI (Business Intelligence)
- Development of AI based service contents
- Operation of data analyst training program
- Operation of six Sigma Belts training program
- Planning and operation of Knowledge Management
- Development of extension courses to foster scientific/creative talents