SKKU notifies the changes in international student’s scholarship( merit-based and need-based scholarship)
Ⅰ. Change in merit-based scholarship standard for undergraduate program
1. Details about Scholarship standard
1) 70% Tuition Waiver: Average GPA of previous semester 4.0 or above → Top 6% students based on average GPA of previous semester
2) 50% Tuition Waiver: Average GPA of previous semester 3.5 ~ 4.0 → 18% ~ 6% students based on average GPA of previous semester
3) 30% Tuition Waiver: Average GPA of previous semester 3.0 ~ 3. 5 → 30% ~ 18% students based on average GPA of previous semester
※ 1st year students will be selected separately from 2nd~4th year students.
2. Targeted Students: Student who entered from Year 2016
3. Effective Semester: From Spring semester 2021
Ⅱ. International Student Support Scholarship(need-based scholarship)
1. Eligibility: Undergraduate international students who have been admitted through the International Students Admissions and currently facing financial difficulties caused by COVID-19.
2. Scholarship Amount: Stipend of 1,000,000 KRW for 100 recipients
(Scholarship amount may be decreased to 500,000 KRW for 200 recipients depending on the number of applicants)
3. Application Procedure
1) Application Period: October 5 (Mon) ~ October 8 (Thu), 2020.
2) How to Apply: Individual application through Challenge Square system
(Int’l Degree Student> Online Service Application> Int’l Students Support Scholarship)
3) Required Documents
- A copy of the Need-Based Scholarship application (attached form)
- Proof of financial difficulty inflicted by COVID-19 (free form)
4. Nomination and Scholarship Grant
1) Nomination: Candidates will be nominated through a selection process by the Scholarship Screening Committee.
2) Scholarship Grant: Scholarship amount will be transferred to the recipients’ Korean bank account in early November.
*Inquiry: OISS, firstname.lastname@example.org, 02-760-0023