- Students who have outstanding academic records, who have financial difficulties, who have submitted a complete scholarship application in time, or who have displayed exemplary conduct.
- Students who have earned 12 credit hours (9 credit hours in the semester just before the last semester) during the previous semester with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- 1. Students who are re-registering for additional semesters due to insufficient grades or credit hour requirements for graduation must pay the tuition in full to apply for a scholarship.
- 2. Students must not have any failing grades in the previous semester to be eligible for the academic excellence scholarship.
- 3. Returning students must also apply during the application period to be eligible for a scholarship; returning students whose tuition is exempted are not eligible.
Scholarship Application Period
- The scholarship application period shall be setup at the end of the semester that comes immediately before the semester a scholarship is received. For example, to receive a scholarship for the second semester of 2021 students must apply for it during the application period at the end of the first semester of 2021.
- The application period will be notified on the university (undergraduate) website.
Scholarship Application Process
- Go to SKKU GLS (Sungkyunkwan Intranet Service) – Application Requirement Management – Scholarship - Application menu, fill out an application form, and submit all of the relevant documents to your department's office.
Payment of Scholarships
- Deductions in Tuition Statement: Scholarships are paid as deductions in tuition-statements. That means that the scholarship amounts is specified in a student's tuition statement which is mailed every semester, and they only need to pay what remains after the deduction.
- Cash Payment (payment into student’s bank account or issuance of scholarship certificate): If a notice of reduction in tuition has already been made to a student but the scholarship recipient changes, then the new recipient will receive the scholarship in cash. If a student who is the recipient of a continuous scholarship returns to school after a leave of absence, the student’s scholarship will also be paid in cash. Also, scholarships from non-university scholarship foundations are paid in cash as well.
Registering Scholarship Receiving Account
- Go to GLS (Application Requirement Management – Scholarship Application – Scholarship Receipt menu) and fill out your account information (your own account only).
Application for Off-Campus Scholarships from Scholarship Foundations
- When SKKU receives a request from a scholarship foundation to recommend a student, the details are posted on the main SKKU or department websites.
Notice for Changes of Undergraduate Int'l Students' Scholarship
5778 | 2020.09.22
[Korea Immigration Foundation]Notice for Scholar Selection
11350 | 2018.12.06
[Samsung Dream Scholarship Foundation]Notice for new sholar selection
14220 | 2018.12.04