SKKU offers systematic support for applications and registration of researchers’ intellectual property rights as well as the transfer of technology (commercialization).
To link and develop research researcher’s intellectual property rights efficiently, SKKU:
- provides one-stop services through the establishment of an online intellectual property rights and technology transfer management program;
- offers administrative support through regulations, guidelines, and standards based on the Invention Promotion Act and relevant laws: and
- coordinates a comprehensive system that manages and maintains the registration of intellectual property rights.
Patent Application and Registration Support
- Domestic Patentss
After the invention interview, when the application support for the invention is approved and decided, 100% of the patent support funds will be granted by the Research & Business Foundation.
- If the possibility of an invention being registered is low due to its incomplete state or due to an already existing invention (research), patent support will not be approved.
- International Patents
If the Patent Examination Committee determines that a new invention can be commercialized, 100% support will be granted for the acquisition of the patent.
Patent Application Procedure
-Use online patent system
-Follow rules for reporting before publishing a study
-Hire professional consulting firm
-Initiate 100% preliminary search on existing technology
Domestic Invention Interview
-Market and patent right experts participate
-Decide to apply or not
Domestic Patent Application
-Decide to proceed with application or not according to the invention interview results
-Cooperation with 8 exclusively hired patent firms
International Invention Interview
-Held within 1 year from the date of domestic application
-Utilize Marketability Evaluation Index
- Patent Seminars for Research Labs
- Inquiries: 031-290-5086
Support for researchers’ development of prospective (profitable) technologies through the provision of information on intellectual property rights, patent laws, the current status of the technology market, methods for preliminary search of existing technology, etc.
Online Patent System
- SKKU is currently operating an online patent system to make the patent application and registration process more convenient for and familiar to researchers and students and also to provide data and materials related to patents.
- Inquiries: 031-290-5084