SKKU’s Technology Licensing Office (TLO) systematically distributes the top technologies owned by the university to businesses and enterprises that are in need and offers timely and necessary support to guarantee successful commercialization of transferred technologies. The TLO is made up of patent attorneys, technology transfer agents, enterprise and technology value evaluators, and patent management specialists.
University Technology Licensing Office Capability Strengthening Project
- To promote vitalization of regional economies through technology transfer and commercialization with the use of technologies and human resources held by universities, the National Research Foundation of Korea under the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning has been carrying out the University Technology Licensing Office Capability Strengthening Project. By receiving recognition for outstanding performance in technology licensing, SKKU has been operating its own Technology Licensing Office since 2016.
Technology Management Procedure
Invention Report Submission (patent application)
- Description of the technology to be transferred
- Composition and use of technology
- Technology transfer conditions, mode of transfer, country(s) and the technology will be transferred to
- Technology Evaluation
- Marketability Evaluation
- Profitability/Economic Value Evaluation
- Invention Report Submission (patent application)
Search for Business in Need of Technology
- Utilization of the University-Industry Cooperation Center’s company database
- Utilization of the company databases of domestic organizations
- Utilization of PR via internet and newspapers
- Utilization of technology-specialized agencies
Selection of Technology Transfer Candidates
- Examination of technology profitability
- Examination of technology transfer conditions, mode of transfer, transfer ability, etc.
Technology Transfer Consultation
- Final confirmation on the suitability of the technology to be transferred.
- Search for Business in Need of Technology
Technology Transfer Agreement
Drafting of Letter of Intent, Confidentiallity Agreement, etc.
- Final review of technology details
- Mutual visits, materialization of agreement terms and conditions
- Preparation for the conclusion of agreement
Conclusion of Technology Transfer Agreement
- Specification of the mode of transfer, fees, agreement terms and conditions, etc.
- Signing of the agreement
Technology Transfer Ex Post Facto Management
- Management of running royalty
- Search and introduction of technology commercialization funds
- Advisory support for patents and technologies
- Mediation support for patent disputes
- Drafting of Letter of Intent, Confidentiallity Agreement, etc.