Students (including graduate students) must be registered for the current semester.
- Students (including graduate students) who have registered for the current semester.
Devices for Rental
- Laptop computers that are equipped with a wireless LAN card are available for rent.
Rental Period and Use
- Rental period is limited to 150 hours per semester for each person and rental devices must be used for only education/research/academic purposes.
Laptops may not be checked out during nighttime, holidays, and weekends
(devices may not be taken off campus).
For overnight use, the devices must be returned by 10am the next day.
|Return||During semester||Humanities and Social Sciences Campus||10:00~20:00|
|Natural Sciences Campus||10:00~17:00|
* Laptop rental/return services will be closed during 12:00~13:00 for lunch.
- All rentals are free of charge. However, if loaned devices are lost or damaged, the person who has checked out the device must compensate for the total cost necessary for restoration of the device.
Students who wish to borrow a laptop must sign in to GLS, make a reservation through Information Square-IT Service-Apply for Laptop Loan, present ID (both student ID and resident registration card) to the Information Communications Division, fill out a loan service agreement form and checkout a device. At this time, students must check and verify if there is anything wrong with the device for themselves and they will be responsible for any consequences of their negligence in this verification process. First-time users must submit a copy of their student ID and resident registration card
Rental reservations must be cancelled through the website before the time of borrowing. If one fails to do so, a violation of reservation will be regarded as a delay in return.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Campus: PC Center, 4F, Dasan Hall of Economics (02-760-1258)
- Natural Sciences Campus: PC Center, 4F, Engineering Bldg. 2 (031-299-6215)
Delay in Return
Penalty will be given according to the number of delayed returns as specified below.
|Number of Delayed Returns||Penalty||Remarks|
|1||Rental suspended for 1 month|
|2||Rental suspended for 6 months|
|3 and over||Permanent suspension|
|Penalty for failure to return or compensate for loss or damages||Claim for damages and disciplinary measures until the device is returned or compensated||If renter does not comply with SKKU’s demand for return or compensation, legal measures will be taken.|
Responsibility for Data
The Information Communications Division has no obligation to preserve any personal data left in the returned devices and the person who has borrowed the device is responsible for the loss of such data.
The Information Communications Division purchases all the necessary software and offers software rental. The division has license agreements with these software products for only administrative, lecture and research purposes and the use of these software products for personal purposes (use off campus, commercial research) is strictly prohibited. To prevent illegal software use, users must take precautions for each software product.
* Software rentals are only provided to faculty and staff.
Anti-virus Software (V3)
To manage the licenses and servers, antivirus software downloads are offered separately for the Humanities and Social Sciences Campus, the Natural Sciences Campus and residence halls. Please download and install the program according to the location of your computer.
MS CA(Campus Agreement) V3.1 licensed products
- Microsoft Windows Upgrade (win7, win8)
- Microsoft Office Pro 2007, 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio Pro 2008, 2010
* For personally assembled computers, users must have an OS Installation license to borrow an OS.
- Hangul 2007, Hangul 2010
- License for 300 copies is renewed every July.
- License for SPSS must be renewed annually.
- Users must replace the license code after a year for continuous use.
- Those who wish to renew the rental must submit an application form to the Information Communications Team to get authorization for use.
- Only a single copy can be used for each person in professors’ labs and the products cannot be used in other labs.
- Can be used anywhere on campus (except for private labs or some organizations)
- After the rental period, users must renew the rental and replace the Setinit File posted by the groupware. Please contact SAS Korea for any inquiries. (www.sasuser.net/qasys T)3787-8003)
Adobe (ACSP licensed products)
- Acrobat Writer
* Rental method: The quantity is limited and users who have submitted an application to and received authorization from the Information Communications Team are permitted for use.
Software Rental Location
- Software can only be installed on campus and the rental period is 1 night and 2 days.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Campus: PC Center, 4F, Dasan Hall of Economics (02.760.1258) / 2F, 600th Anniversary Bldg. (02.760.1232)
- Natural Sciences Campus: Information Communications Division, 4F, Engineering Bldg. 2 (031.299.6215)
- SPSS and Adobe can only be borrowed from the Information Communications Team.