Global classes invited by professors from overseas prestigious universities have been held since this year to provide high-quality classes created by teachers from overseas prestigious universities to students to improve the level of education and establish a global learning platform.
1. Lecturer: Prof. Yong-Su Jin
- Professor, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Research Specialist in Microbial Metabolic Engineering and Synthetic Biology
- 2008~Present: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Served as an Assistant Professor (2006-2008) in the Department of Food Science and Biotechnology at the Sungkyunkwan University in Korea
[1st Session] Metabolic engineering for sustainability: Metabolic engineering research is biotechnology that produces energy and materials in a carbon-neutral manner, ultimately preventing climate change, and enabling sustainable growth for mankind. In this lecture, we aim to teach the economical production of biofuels and high-value-added chemicals using renewable resources through research on the precise engineering of microbial cells.
[2nd Session] Synthetic biology for human health and wellness: Synthetic biology research aims to solve various problems facing mankind by overcoming the limitations of existing life with cell reprogramming methods based on genetic recombination methods. It can contribute to the economic production of food, cosmetics, and medicines to help maintain a healthy life and well-being of mankind. In this lecture, we would like to teach the production of food/cosmetic materials, functional foods, and probiotics for controlling intestinal microbiomes through synthetic biology research.
3. Host: College of Biotechnology and Bioengineering – Department of Integrative Biotechnology (Prof. Dae Hyuk Kweon)
4. Time and Place:
[1st Session] Natural Sciences Campus, Natural Science Building 62355, April 3rd @ 10:00
[2nd Session] Natural Sciences Campus Natural Science Building 62355, April 10th @ 10:00
5. Zoom Link:
[1st Session] ⦁ Start - April 3rd @ 10:00
⦁ Duration - 1hr. 30min
⦁ Meeting ID - 876 1404 4088
⦁ Password - 44972399
⦁ Zoom Link - https://xinics.zoom.us/j/87614044088
[2nd Session] ⦁ Start - April 10th @ 10:00
⦁ Duration - 1hr. 30min
⦁ Meeting ID - 845 5240 0581
⦁ Password - 25872381
⦁ Zoom Link - https://xinics.zoom.us/j/84552400581
6. Contact: (031-290-5803)
* Please turn On your Video and turn Off your Mic.